Esfarayen; 43 Days of Arbitrary Detention and Absolute Lack of Information Regarding the Fate of Hosein Mehrangiz; His Forced Confessions Have Been Broadcasted
February 20, 2026; After 43 days since the arbitrary detention of “Hosein Mehrangiz,” a Kurdish youth from city of Esfarayen located in North Khorasan Province, there is no information available regarding his fate or place of detention. The broadcasting of his forced confessions has led to severe concern among his relatives regarding his fate and life.
An informed source, while confirming this news, told Kurdpa: “Hosein Mehrangiz” was detained on January 9, 2026, without a judicial warrant by security forces and transferred to an unknown location, and since then, no information regarding his fate or place of detention has been available. Acquaintances have seen the video of his forced confessions broadcasted on government channels such as “Rubika” and “Instagram,” and this matter has led to intense worry about his life and fate.
This informed source says that during this period of arbitrary detention, he has been deprived of any right to access a lawyer, or to have contact or meetings with his relatives, and they do not know if he is still in security detention centers or has been transferred to prison. The only news regarding him has been the sighting of the video of his forced confessions on government channels.
Hosein Mehrangiz is originally from the Kurmanj Kurds of city of Esfarayen located in North Khorasan Province. Kurdpa’s source says he has no one to follow up on his affairs, and his name has not been published anywhere until now.